A CanadianEMR Roundtable Podcast on Personal Health Records and Patient Portals will be recorded in early December and will be published on the CanadianEMR web site.
The panel of experts from across Canada includes:
- Dr. Ann Cavoukian, Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario;
- Dr. Jay Mercer, Family Physician and Senior Physician Advisor, Canadian Medical Association, Ottawa, Ontario;
- Sam Marafioti, Chief Information Officer at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in Toronto;
- Dr. David Wiljer, PhD, Director of Knowledge Management and Innovation at the Princess Margaret Hospital in Toronto.
Topics for discussion include:
- Should we be taking a patient driven approach towards our national electronic health records strategy?
- Does the PHR modify the risks related to privacy protection in a positive or negative manner?
- Do patient portals work or do they create a greater administrative burden for physicians and hospitals without true benefit to the patient?
- Could greater use of PHRs and Patient Portals shift the balance of accountability in terms of how personal information is collected and used?
- Do GPs and specialists see PHRs and Patient Portals as useful tools or just another burden in an overwhelmed system?
Would you like to submit a question to the roundtable expert panel?
You have until November 11th (date extended) to submit a question for the experts by clicking on the 'Comments' link below.