Check CanadianEMR for Regular Updates on the Technology in Clinical Practice Cruise Conference - Departing March 27th.
Technology & EMRs now impact every part of healthcare. This course will provide a unique opportunity to learn about the latest in technology tools combined with Cardiology & Neurology topics. Presenters will cover a range of clinical topics, and will also describe how they are actually using technology in clinical practice to improve patient care.
Dr. Alan Brookstone
Dr. Brookstone is a family physician and co-founder of CanadianEMR and AmericanEHR Partners. He is an internationally recognized expert on Electronic Medical Records (EMRs) and Electronic Health Records (EHRs) and will be presenting the technology program. He speaks widely on the use of information technology as a tool in clinical practice.
- EMRs, Patient Portals & Personal Health Records: What, Why & Where
- iPhone, iPad & Android: Clinical Value from Mobile Phones & Tablets
- Tips, Tricks & Best Practices to Get Maximum Benefit from Your EMR
- Using Social Media to Transform Your Practice
- Case Studies - Technology in Clinical Settings
- Can Decision Support Systems Improve Patient Care?
Dr. Brett Heilbron
Dr. Heilbron is a Clinical and Invasive Diagnostic Cardiologist and Co-Director of the Advanced Cardiac Imaging Program at St. Pauls’ Hospital / Providence Heart + Lung Institute, and a Clinical Associate Professor at the University of British Columbia. His interests include noninvasive cardiac imaging and information technology.
- Selecting the Right Cardiac Test for the Right Patient
- Latest Update: Post Myocardial Infarction Management
- Current Management of Atrial Fibrillation and Stroke Prevention
- Radiation Issues in Medical Imaging
- Arrhythmia Controversies - Should you Treat Rate or Rhythm?
- Hot Topics in Cardiology
Dr. Scott Wilson
Dr. Wilson received his training in internal medicine from the University of Alberta and University of Calgary completing his neurology at McGill University at the Montréal Neurological Hospital. He has been using the electronic medical record for 10 years and has been paperless since that time. He is currently the president of the section of neurology for the Alberta Medical Association.
- Parkinson's Disease and other Movement Disorders
- Current Management of Cerebrovascular Disease
- Management of Migraine and Headaches (including Botox)
- Multiple Sclerosis - Does MS mean More Sunshine?
- Understanding Common Neuropathies
- 'Ouch my back hurts, I have a kink in my neck and my hands go to sleep at night'
- Advances in the management of Epilepsy
Watch this short video to learn more about the on-board cruise and educational experience.
Paul Gauguin Cruises
Images from Prior Health Technology Cruise Conferences